With the current state of the global economy, it’s sad to continually hear news that paints an ugly and dreary picture of our world.
On Friday April 3, Jiverly Wong walked into a Binghamton (New York) immigration center and began a shooting rampage nearly firing off 100 shots before Wong finally shot himself. 13 people died in the rampage.
Wong, a Vietnamese, ethnic-Chinese, immigrant sent a letter to the local news station before the shooting expressing paranoia of undercover police officers stalking him, disgruntlement with people who teased his accent, and general frustration at recently being laid off.
It’s a sad story.
Here is a recent CNN story on the incident.
Here is Jiverly Wong’s letter to the news station.
- Related Blogs on Jiverly Wong
- Jiverly Wong Letter (transcript): Full Text of Letter from …
- Which immigration program admitted Jiverly Wong to the US …
- Jiverly Wong – The Binghamton Murderer « SHADMIA’S WORLD
- Jiverly Wong's Binghamton Masscared | SiauHen.com
- Bolsavik.com » Blog Archive » How ‘Jiverly Wong’ is a Vietnamese name
- Related Blogs on New York Shooting
- 13 dead, 26 wounded in New York shooting rampage | World Latest …